To manage our range of apartments & chalets in terms of cooking, cleaning & client servicing.
- To manage the changeover of weekly clients and the work associated with arrival and departure of clients.
- To liaise with clients on arrival, during their stay and on departure.
- To cook for clients who have paid for a ‘scatered’ holiday to include breakfast, afternoon tea, 3 course evening meal.
- To clean for clients who have paid for a ‘scatered’ holiday on a daily basis.
- To manage a ‘scatered’ budget and produce accounts for ‘scatered’ weeks.
- To clean apartments & chalets when required if you are not working in a scatered apt./chalet for the week.
- To provide support to the Operations Manager & her team. Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
NB. If you have more than 8 guests, you get a full time assistant to clean and serve and help prep with you.
Salary & package
Available on request.
Accommodation with linen on a shared basis in resort, comprehensive ski insurance including repatriation, full season Espace Killy lift pass provided on a monthly basis, travel to and from London using an Easy Jet airport (no cash alternative given), ski hire.
First pay packet issued end December. Pay slips distributed in Val d’Isere. Last pay packet issued end May. You must have a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number
Hours of work
A typical working day when in a scatered property is up for breakfast, go and buy bread, go to property, prep & serve breakfast, bake cake for afternoon tea, clean chalet, out by 11 am or earlier (depends on the time you started etc..). If you are not on cooking duties, we work to 8.30am – 11.30am and 4pm – 8pm and all day Saturdays (changeover day).
You have 1 day off a week = Wednesday.
Your working contacts over and above resort staff will be:
- Supermarket & food suppliers
Location of employment
UK and Val d’Isere, France.
We are slightly different from other operators in that we issue our menus to clients prior to arrival. This is to allow them to choose their 3 evening meals for our scatered service and wine prior to arrival. They have a choice so we produce menus that include a choice of 6 modern menus and 6 traditional.
You therefore get to cook a variety of dishes and we always welcome your input on menu ideas.
Quality of Food
We have one of the highest food budgets in Val to ensure we can provide some of the best food on the market. Our menus steer clear of meat, two veg and a heavy sauce. We offer more innovative menus presented to the highest standards. We can buy good cuts of meet, fresh bakery items for breakfast, good quality orange juice and cereals, plenty of fruit for breakfast, decent amounts of cheese for dinner and superior wine.
A deposit of £250.00 is required from every member of staff should they be successful in their application. £100.00 is used towards the cost of your staff uniform. The £150.00 balance is refundable
- You must have a cooking qualification or proven track record as a chef or cook.
- Knowledge of spoken & written French is useful
Be comfortable having to Chef/Chalet Host one week then perhaps clean the next if you are not cooking. Being adaptable within the role is key. As ‘scatered’ board offers 3 nights cooking only you move between two properties in one week. You do breakfast in your chalet and daily clean and tidy up, another member of staff will do breakfast in the other.
- You then do 3 evening meals in your property either Saturday/Monday/Thursday or Sunday/Tuesday/Friday (day off Wed) and move to the other property for the other 3 nights. You get help if catering for over 8 people. So you have to be comfortable moving around. If you like routine, we are not the company to work for. If you like variety, you’ll love it. You get help moving around. You are not on your own.
- Ability to work on your own in properties and be trusted with your responsibilities.
- Depth of character to deal with a vast range of personalities that stay in your property
- Good presentation skills – this is an important element in the preparation of your food.
- People skills as you must interact with clients as most kitchens are open plan. The role is more than cooking, it is hosting too.
- Organised mind.
- Able to make cakes at altitude.
- Start date, travelling to resort Wednesday 27th November 2013.
- Finish date, Thursday 8th May 2014.
NOTE: This job description does not form part of the contract of employment