Operations Assistant - out and about
To work with your Operations colleague to set up, run and administer our winter rental programme in Val d’Isère to include weekly and seasonal holiday lets. This is an office and out & about role.
- To manage the opening of our weekly and seasonal properties i.e. managing the open up cleaning process, checking open up cleans, inserting correct signage into all properties, checking inventories (seasonal properties only), making ready for first rentals;
- To prepare staff accommodation for their arrival with your Opearations colleague;
- To recruit and train part time cleaners required for change-over days;
- To undertake the check in process of seasonal clients to include accompanying them to their rented accommodation, carrying out an inventory and taking meter readings.
Day to Day:
- To assist Erica in the management of the resort office based in 4 Property estate agency office when not out & about.
- To take ownership and be responsible for up and downstairs of the Hub in terms of tidiness & cleanliness.
- Ordering linen for weekly changeovers
- To issue maintenance job sheets to Val Service as and when staff or guests inform us of any work required.
- Check properties once cleaned on change over day and for other mid week arrivals.
- Check ‘scatered’ properties are ready and monitor our chefs & breakfast hosts/cleaners daily (in terms of cleaning, on menu, general maintenance of the property).
- To check seasonal properties strictly once a month by arranging an appointment to visit with tenants.
- To assist Erica in the welfare and motivation of all seasonal staff that Erica is ultimately in charge of.
- To reconcile weekly accounts handed in by staff every Sunday to then go to the accounts dept.
- To pick up and make up pre-purchased lift passes for MR&C on a Friday & Saturday and when required if we have mid-week arrivals. The orders come from London.
- To collect monies required for outstanding lift pass invoices, extra linen or upgrades.
- To handle guest welfare. Visit every property Tuesday afternoons to check in with clients and do check outs Friday nights in each property;
- To manage and act on emergency calls outside office hours by monitoring your mobile phone at all times (this role is shared with your Operations colleague).
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- To check all cleans in seasonal and weekly properties during the close down process.
- Check staff accommodation before departure
Salary & package
Available on request.
Accommodation with linen on a shared basis (own room), ski insurance, full season Espace Killy lift pass, travel to and from London using an Easy Jet airport (no cash alternative given), ski hire.
First pay packet issued November end. Pay slips distributed in Val. Last pay packet issued end of May.
Hours of work
General hours are 8:30am to 12:30pm and 3:30pm to 8:00pm Sunday to Friday (with 1.5 days off per week). All day on changeover day.
PLEASE NOTE these are rough working hours as the tourist/service industry is unpredictable and circumstances dictate hours.
Your working contacts over and above resort staff will be:
- Val Service for maintenance and linen;
- Owners who visit resort;
- Clients to include weekly guests and seasonal tenants;
- Local services e.g. ski hire shops, ski lesson agents, restaurants, STVI for lift passes, wine merchants, cleaning suppliers, maintenance companies e.g. Idex;
- The concierges of large blocks where we have properties;
Location of employment
UK and Val d’isere, France.
A deposit of £250.00 is required from every member of staff should they be successful in their application. £100.00 is used towards the cost of your staff uniform. The £150.00 balance is refundable
- Experience of a ski season is essential, either having worked for a chalet company in any role or previous operations experience.
- Spoken and written French;
- Attention to detail for checking cleaning
- Observant for checking cleaning
- Outstanding organisation skills;
- Flexible approach;
- Full driving licence;
- Experience in dealing with staff & general public
- The job may require working unusual hours if a client has a problem outside normal office hours;
- Start date: travel to resort Tuesday 12th November 2013.
- Finish date: Thursday 8th May 2014.
NOTE: This job description does not form part of the contract of employment